[OSM-dev] Announce search box with result suggestions

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 5 18:18:23 GMT 2010

On 5-11-2010 17:21, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The lack of "auto-complete" or search suggestions like you see in for
> example Google (maps) and the OSM wiki search box has been bugging me
> for a while. So I created a prototype based on the Nominatim API and the
> Google Closure JS framework. There's a lot of things it won't do yet,
> but it's a decent first step.

Could you do me a favour, if you haven't already done this already:
remove whitespaces at start and end of the string being searched for.
What gripes me in the current implementation is that if you search for a
lat/lon and enter "53.2343, 5.6532 " (whitespace at end), you get no result.

Regards,
Maarten