[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql - gazetteer - Installing on ubuntu

james croft james.r.croft at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 08:58:45 GMT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to get Nominatim up and running on a dev box.  I am checking out
the osm2pgsql code from git and am running into a problem
with gazetteer-functions.sql.  It used to be that running 'make' in the
gazetteer directory created a gazetteer.so file that I could reference from
the gazetteer-functions.sql script.  I just replaced the following with the
location of the file.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION transliteration(text) RETURNS text
  AS '/home/twain/osm2pgsql2/gazetteer/gazetteer.so', 'transliteration'
LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;

It now appears that automake and libtool (things I know nothing about) are
being used and this file is no longer generated.  What do I replace the
references in the gazetteer-functions.sql script to now?

Thanks
James