[OSM-dev] Is there a way to use simple schema without hstore

Andreas Kalsch andreaskalsch at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 13:21:03 GMT 2010

It's always great to try something new, but we use Postgres as the database and it is SQL, where I
use tables. Somehow I feel forced to learn something I and others will not use very often. It is
better to be conservative about schemas. The problem: I have written some software that heavily
relies on the 0.36 simple schema. Now I have to use 0.36 and cannot use the new PBF format.
It would be good to be able to choose between hstore and the old schema that did my job very well.
What about GROUP BY over single hstore k/v pairs - is this possible? hstore feels like having a
table inside a cell ...