[OSM-dev] tirex problem creating Debian/Ubuntu packages under Ubuntu 10.04

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 16:56:04 GMT 2010

2010/11/18 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

thank you for your help.

> Next time you post a problem to an international list, it will certainly
> help to do a "export LANG=C" before you run the command, that would make the
> error messages appear in English.

Thanks, I was aware that German error messages wouldn't be too helpful
for many of the readers here, but I wasn't aware of how to change this
(I am using Linux for roughly a year now, so I'd say I'm still almost
a newbie).

> Your probelm seems to be that you are trying to build a Debian package for
> Tirex, but you have installed Mapnik outside the Debian packaging mechanism
> (i.e. with "scons install" or something like that).

yes, I did that some time ago...

> Either install Tirex in the same way ("make install")

yes, I did this because I don't know how to get a "proper package" for
mapnik, thank you. Maybe not the best way, but as soon as I learned
more about package management, I'll probably change this.

Cheers,
Martin