[OSM-dev] New public nominatim service (mapquest)

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:21:56 GMT 2010

The search box on the left does not work because the demo is not a full
implementation of the main page. (On my to do list).

After enabling the routing layer, you can search for London.
http://nroets.dev.openstreetmap.org/demo/index.html?layers=B000FTFTT

Which unfortunately returns London in Ontario, Canada, which is the first
entry of the list returned by Nominatim. Ideally cities should be listed in
decreasing population size. Not a big job considering the data is in the
geonames database.