[OSM-dev] khtmlib new version online

Bernhard Zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Sat Nov 20 17:08:14 GMT 2010

Hi all

I have a new version of my khtmlib based map online.

***New features***

Layerswitcher:
   mapnic, osma, bikemap

Digital Zoom:
   There are 2 versions for mousewheel zoom now.
   Default behaviour: the zoom animation will stop at a integer zoom level
   und gives a clear view.
   There is an option to switch back to the old noninteger zoom.

GPX:
   You can write the URL of a gpx file to the search field and the map
will show the path.

Distance Measure Tool
   You can draw a polyline for distance measurement

Explosion Effect
    The "ticker" now has an explosion effect that gives a better
impression on how the map is growing.
    There is also a hidden option to play a sound if somebody is
editing. Add "#sound" to the url and a bird will talk to you.

***Bug fixes***
Better precission for mouse events. It is possible to zoom out from
zoomlevel 18 to 1 and than back to zoomlevel 18. You will land at the
exact position where you started.

There are also many changes in the vector overlay handling. I didn't
test on Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome work best on my system.

The version on github still is not actualized. I changed the directory
structur and don't know how use the git.

Bugreports are welcome.

Have fun:
http://www.khtml.org/osm/v0.83/index.php

If you set a link to my map please use http://khtml.org it will direct