[OSM-dev] khtmlib new version online

Bernhard Zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Sun Nov 21 00:22:11 GMT 2010

On 2010-11-20 23:32, Wyo wrote:
> Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
>> I have a new version of my khtmlib based map online.
>>
> Does khtmlib really have only 60kB as documented in the wiki?
It's also growing and now it's about 120kB (uncompressed).
> And your khtml.org is solely driven by khtmlib?
There is no other libs involved.
Things like nominatim, routing, ticker are not part of the lib.
> Then this is really amazing!
Thanks!
> I'm amazed that you can show a map with such a small library while OL
> uses more that 800kB.

OL has much more features.
I made a RISC map lib. To enable speed I reduced the API to the minimum.

> The discription in the wiki is rather sparse. Can you give a detailed
> list of features which khtmlib supports, maybe even list what it
> currently doesn't?
There is the API doc:
http://khtml.org/osm/v0.83/doc/

If you want to play with the lib, start here:
http://khtml.org/osm/v0.83/examples/simple.html

And the (a bit outdated) help page:
http://www.khtml.org/osm/v0.83/help.php

Bernhard