[OSM-dev] Request for PHP programmers for TWISST project

David James david at djames.org.uk
Sat Oct 2 11:12:05 BST 2010

  On 01/10/2010 23:05, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> On 1 October 2010 22:32, David James<david at djames.org.uk>  wrote:

>>> oops, rather (lon / 15) hours
>> Timezone boundaries do not exactly follow lines of longitude (Google finds a
>> nice map here: http://www.travel.com.hk/region/timezone.htm).
> Yes, that's my point. The longitude is likely a better indicator of
> when people are active than the timezone (judging mostly from what
> time people tend start the day at the two ends of the European
> GMT+1/+2 strip.)

The original email said "I'm a user of TWISST, a free service run by
volunteers that sends tweets notifying the best viewing times for
overhead passes of the International Space Station. "

I'd have thought a user of that service was more likely to want the time
to be given in his/her current civil time (that he can see by looking at
a clock) rather than as a time that in some cases would not match the
time on his local clocks at all.

--
David James
david at djames.org.uk