[OSM-dev] Editors: Actively removing "created_by"?

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 10 22:13:15 BST 2010

On 10-10-2010 22:37, Chris Browet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if Potlach and JOSM are actively removing the pre-0.6
> "created_by" tag at the feature level when uploading?
> Would that be desirable/acceptable?

They are, and have been since soon after API 0.6 went live.

I think it's desirable. They'll still be available in the object
history, and the removal is packed in with a real edit, so no
superfluous edits needed just to remove the created_by. It's a matter of
attrition now. Very slow attrition nonetheless.

--
Lennard