[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql Help ?

Ronan Crowley ronan.crowley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 15:32:54 BST 2010

Hi,

I have just run the osm2pgsql script.
It has taken over 4 days for me.

However, the user I imported into had a tablespace that was on  /mnt/sdo

When the program got to building the indexes, I got the following error :

CREATE INDEX planet_osm_ways_nodes ON planet_osm_ways USING gin (nodes
gin__int_ops) TABLESPACE pg_default;
 failed: ERROR:  could not extend relation base/16391/832804: No space left
on device
HINT:  Check free disk space.

Now looking at the code I can see that had I used a -i parameter I could
have avoided this.

What I want to know is, is there any way I can manually continue the
outstanding steps  ?
(Perhaps redoing the )
OR
Is there a whay to re-run the program, just to create the indexes ?

Thanks,
Ronan