[OSM-dev] Data source for robot

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Tue Oct 12 19:56:22 BST 2010

> Are you serious?
> What about the guy that wants to use any kind of routing software to go
> from A to B?
> if streets are not connected in a place where nobody cares this means he
> will get redirected over some areas where people care.

  All of today's routing software ignores route relations.  I predict that
no future routing software will use them either.     And street connectivity
correction to TIGER is not something that can be done automatically.

  I'm not anti-bot; even this auto relation proposal could turn out to be
useful - as long as it is demonstrated offline rather than just blindly
uploading it all and hoping it might have a positive effect.