[OSM-dev] Data source for robot

Alan Millar amillar503 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:54:56 BST 2010

> if they haven't been touched what is the advantage to touch them by a bot or
> other automatic edits? obviously they are either good enough in there
> current status or no one cares about it.

Well, finally!  We can declare OSM to be DONE!  Yay!  The map is
complete!  That part you thought needed improvement but you didn't
have time for yet?  You were wrong.  It's good enough or you just
don't care.  Everybody go home now.  Nothing else to do.  Ugh.

You can't equate the need for improvement in the data with the method
used to improve it.  Well, apparently you can, but it is a specious
argument.

Obviously Mr Budny cares about the data and wants to improve it, or he
wouldn't be here discussing it.  I'm with him on this.

People need to stop shooting down every automated edit without
listening to the reasoning.

If something like
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:US_highways_relations
doesn't represent consensus in OSM, I sure don't know what does.

- Alan