[OSM-dev] API 0.7+: Split node concept?

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 12 21:21:20 BST 2010

On 12-10-2010 21:45, Chris Browet wrote:

> Seems to me that it would:
> - be less confusing, both for consumers and editors

Implementation details like this should be hidden from consumers by the
editors anyway.

> - save db space

I'm wondering why you think it will save db space? Your idea would mean
the end of shared nodes between ways, or am I misunderstanding?

> - save memory/CPU cycle on the consumer side

You are already processing 2 types of nodes on the above way, both
directly and indirectly through the nd ref. Might just as well stick to
the old nd ref exclusively, and not maintain two code paths.

--
Lennard