[OSM-dev] Data source for robot

Peter Budny peterb at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 13 00:02:44 BST 2010

Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com> writes:

> would you trust a routing based on automatic edits?

Do you trust routing with the current data?  You shouldn't, because it's
provably wrong.

My main proposal is just to create new relations, which has /no bearing/
on the correctness of the ways.

Secondary to that is to either note or fix obvious problem spots.  I
never proposed that it would /fix/ disconnected TIGER data, merely that
it would use OpenStreetBugs or some other method to make it easy for
users to find and fix.

Also, I /am/ listening to what people say, and if people are concerned
about modifying data based on incomplete information, I can limit the
scope to not perform any action with a chance of false positives.
--
Peter Budny  \
Georgia Tech  \