[OSM-dev] OSM binary format (pbf) 1.0 is in osmosis trunk.

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Oct 17 18:42:53 BST 2010

Hi,

Scott Crosby wrote:
> I think the perfect permanent place for Stefan's implementation, and
> your idea of wrapping it up as a debian package, is with
> the http://github.com/scrosby/OSM-binary main repository. Is there an
> OSM GIT I can clone it to, or should it really be put into OSM SVN?

I don't like git, and I especially dislike github (not using sourceforge
either); but that's a personal thing, so don't let that discourage you
from continuing to use it for development. I'll just make sure every now
and then that there is a working version in SVN.

(My dislike of git stems largely from ignorance and is likely to vanish
over time. At the moment I have grown used to the one-stop-shop that is
our SVN; with git I miss the option to say "check out all OSM projects",
as well as the option to commit to trunk for all OSM projects without
first signing up to external services and/or find out who the maintainer
is and ask them for permission.)

Bye
Frederik