[OSM-dev] Disallowing certain characters in tag keys

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Oct 19 13:57:01 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's put it this way - there is a subset[1] of unicode code points
> that is valid for both keys and values. If you find any characters
> emitted by OSM that lie outwith that range, then do let us know[3]

Even if they're only in the history? Last I checked (a couple months
ago), there were quite a few invalid characters in the history (1).
Would you like the list (seems like something which would be easy for
you to generate yourself)?  If so, is there something going to be done
about them?

(1) For example, see the last character in the comment at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/936207