[OSM-dev] pbf2osm development has started [code to test!]

Scott Crosby scrosby at cs.rice.edu
Mon Oct 25 14:24:02 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:15 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Chris Browet wrote:
>
>  Sure. I don't think the C -> C++ will be problematic.
>>>

> I have been thinking about 'hooks' so the defines can become hooks you
> replace (So somesort of ifndef way.) Or just inline functions...

I suggest not using #define's. Just have a struct of function pointer
callbacks. Indirect jumps are as cheap as ordinary function calls as long as
the branch predictor can predict them. In this case, prediction will be
100%.

 If you'd accept some related patches, it would greatly improve
>> re-usability and trackability of pbm2osm...
>>

> Obviously I do ;) Just hadn't the time to integrate it yet. And busy day a
> head with flying ;)

This work on the C/C++ parser should be merged with the Java repository.
There should be one canonical place where the *.proto's are located.

Scott