[OSM-dev] Using osm2pgsql database

Lück, Michael Michael.Lueck at Bonk-Consulting.de
Mon Oct 25 19:09:59 BST 2010

Hi all,

we set up a database containing osm data of germany using osm2pgsql. We like to query the database to get all street names and the cities/villages etc. they belong to.
We're currently looking at the source ode of nominatim but to speed up the process we like to know:

-          If anybody has already done this

-          And/or where we can find more material on the osm2psql database schema.

We're trying to extract the data for a webservice that is able to verify german addresses even if they are misspelled.

Regards,
Michael