[OSM-dev] Relation member_roles from Osmosis import

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Wed Oct 27 09:39:38 BST 2010

Hello,

During my examinations from an OSM import (osmosis pbf to postgis) I
found some strange looking entries in the relation_members table. My
goal is to make (GIS) polygons from the linestrings table and therefore
I examined the relations a little closer.

Doing a
select distinct relation_id, member_role from relation_members

I find these entries in the result, which I suspect to be wrong

"relation_id", "member_role"
22852;"forward_stop_0"
22852;"forward_stop_11"
22852;"forward_stop_19"
22852;"forward_stop_9"
22852;"stop_1"
22852;"stop_10"
22852;"stop_12"
22852;"stop_13"
22852;"stop_14"
300710;"backward_stop_%n"
207675;"forward_stop_%n"

I think that numbering the member_role is not the intended way ;-)

Well, I just wanted to mention that, because I am not sure how to
correct this or which editor I could use for that

Greetings

Frank