[OSM-dev] Relation member_roles from Osmosis import

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Thu Oct 28 13:48:12 BST 2010

Hello Jochen,

thanks for your answer, that makes it clear. I have another question
about relations.

I found a relation, a lake in Germany,  (id=1104680, Schweriner See
(Außensee)), which has serveral inner relations to ways. Some of these
ways form a closed ways, so it's easy to create a polygon from it. But
other ways with the relation role "inner" are not closed, but they form
together an island in the lake.

Should't those form a relation of themselves before relating them to the
lake relation with an inner relation? The ways I am speaking of are

24563810
70191810
70191809
70191807

Luckily those ways form an island but if there would be another island
formed by ways without relating them together it is quite difficult to
recreate them properly. Is this situation an exception or is this a
common situation?

Frank

--
Frank BRONIEWSKI