[OSM-dev] Export tab

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Oct 28 14:44:07 BST 2010

I often find myself wanting an OSM map url to a map with a marker to
send in an email.

I can do this with the Export > Embeddable HTML, add marker, and then
editing the HTML to extract the link (which also means changing the
&amps), or it can be done manually by tediously copying a lat/lon and
typing them in as mlat and mlon in an addition to the link...

Any chance this could be done as a minor change to the site, added as an
option directly?

Either as:

- another option on the Export tab, like the Embeddable HTML but with
just the link to copy and paste, or

- a general "add marker" option somewhere with the marker reflected in
the permalink and short link

or something similar.

I'd do it myself, but I don't know Rails at all well.

David