[OSM-dev] User-friendly interface to OSM POIs

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sat Oct 30 01:37:05 BST 2010

You won't want to query the OSM API directly, you could use something like Nominatim or CloudMade's API which is designed for these types of queries.

For adding the data to OSM, you may want to Look at the CloudMade POI Collector on iPhone, or Potlatch 2, which both abstract the tags away into nice categories etc.

Shaun