[OSM-dev] OSM coastline on PostGIS + MapRenderer?

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 17:38:23 BST 2010

On 7-9-2010 17:39, Mulone wrote:

> I imported the OSM data for Ireland in my postGIS db.
> I noticed that there is no coastline, which isn't great to render an island.
> Is there a way to get an XML file containing the coastline and import it
> into postGIS?

natural=coastline, as a tag, is hardwired to be dropped in osm2pgsql. If
you want that tag to survive the import, you'll have to remove that bit
from the code and recompile/reimport. Then you'll have a bunch of ways
in your DB with natural=coastline, and you'll have to build a polygon
out of them. And hope that there's nothing in them that prevents that
from happening. That's one reason why land in mapnik is rendered from
shapefile.

--
Lennard