[OSM-dev] Playing with MapServer WMS and WFS

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Fri Sep 10 15:53:37 BST 2010

Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi> wrote:

> My source data is Finland.osm file imported into PostGIS with -k option
> for getting all the tags. Sea and borders layers are from Vmap0. Images
> are rendered on-demand, and data can be selected by editing the &tag= and
> &value parameters.

Nice! The only thing which should be solved for POI Maps is with polygon
POIs. Usually we want to get them as points as well. In brewpub map I do
this using ST_PointOnSurface.

Probably this can be added to your mapfile using the UNION Operator in SQL.

Sven

P.S.: Do you have a GIN Index on your hstore column?

--
.. this message has been created using an outdated OS (UNIX-like) with an
outdated mail- or newsreader (text-only) :-P

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web