[OSM-dev] minute diff - max delay

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Sep 13 02:50:11 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> I've just upgraded Osmosis from the 0.35 release to the current 0.37
> snapshot.  I've introduced a relatively minor change that on initial testing
> appears to have fixed the problem.  I create a number of temp tables during
> replication processing to hold identifiers (actually id and version) of each
> of nodes, ways and relations.  I am now adding a primary key to those tables
> which should assist the query planner come up with a more effective query
> plan.  I'm not sure why I didn't do that originally ... perhaps I just
> missed it.
> I'm a bit surprised that it has fixed it given that the amount of data in
> the temp tables is relatively small and query analysis wasn't pointing at
> poor query plans, but it seems to be running *much* faster now.
> The new version took effect from replication number 906 onwards, so if
> anybody sees any issues please let me know.

I haven't seen a single cron failure since the new version was deployed so
it's looking good so far.  Previously almost 2 out of 3 minute jobs were
failing due to the previous job not completing in time.  Even before the db
upgrade I used to get occasional failures.  Such a simple change ... if only
I'd discovered it sooner.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20100913/9464c397/attachment.html>

More information about the dev mailing list