[OSM-dev] problems with history API?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:33:19 BST 2010

On 14 September 2010 21:59, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed a strange thing with the history-api.
> This page indicates that the last editing user was farlokko in Nov. 2009:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/28523423/history
>
> but when I see the history in potlatch for the same way 28523423 there
> is an edit by user Giardia from May 2010. This also corresponds better
> to my theory why the geometry got squashed ;-)
>
> Why is the last edit not shown in the history on osm.org?

The history on osm.org is a direct mapping of what the history api
call would return, usually these are only the changes to the
membership list or tags of the way.  Potlatch uses a call that
combines this with the histories of all nodes and some nodes have
indeed been moved by Giardia in May.

Cheers