[OSM-dev] PostgreSQL 9.0?

Brendan Morley morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Mon Sep 20 22:57:24 BST 2010

On 20/09/2010 11:19 PM, Emilie Laffray wrote:

> On 20 September 2010 14:11, Brendan Morley <morb.gis at beagle.com.au
> <mailto:morb.gis at beagle.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Ian etc.,
>
>     That's quite a feat of timing, seeing as PostgreSQL 9.0.0 is just
>     only out properly today:
>     http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1235
>
>     And of course now is a good time for refractions.net
>     <http://refractions.net> to have its domain name expire.  So I
>     can't easily tell if I can get PostGIS working with PostgreSQL
>     9.0.0!  (e.g.
>     http://postgis.refractions.net/download/postgis-1.4.1.tar.gz )
>
>     Anyway, yes, I plan to run this from day 1 of CommonMap.  And yes,
>     I am interested in its replication facilities.  Maybe worthwhile
>     setting up a lab?
>

> Postgis 1.4 will never work with Postgresql 9. You will need to use at
> least Postgis 1.5.x.
>
> Emilie Laffray

Indeed.  http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS

Actually I think they've renewed their domain name, (resolving to
199.103.56.11) I can get to http://postgis.refractions.net/download
<http://postgis.refractions.net/download/postgis-1.4.1.tar.gz> from my
AWS machine but not (yet?) from my home machine.

Are PostGIS downloads mirrored anywhere?

Brendan