[OSM-dev] Release candidate for OSM binary format is in osmosis trunk.

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 01:33:17 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Kai,
>
> Kai Krueger wrote:
>
>> So I would just like to see a proper "deprecation process" with ample of
>> time to adjust and the appropriate wide announcements be followed that
>> were
>> discussed in respect to the gazetteer retirement to not have the same
>> nasty
>> surprises.
>>

> I always viewed the Geofabrik extracts as a service to the community who
> build interesting things, or try out stuff

I think there may be a slight miscommunication here. Frederik, you are
talking about extracts of the planet available on geofabrik.de, *not* the
files available on planet.openstreetmap.com.

It sounds like Grant has *no* plans to change anything on
planet.openstreetmap.com and Frederik *is* planning on changing his
geofabrik.de extracts to use a different format.