[OSM-dev] Uploading GPX file via API 0.6

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:04:23 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Michael M <useforpublic at hotmail.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to upload a GPX file by using the API 0.6. I am using the server
> http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/ for testing purposes. I am sending the
> attached data to the server. The server response is 500  (internal server
> error) and no further informations. I suggest that something is wrong with
> the header data, the gpx file should be ok.

Hi Michael,

Did you solve this problem? I can't see anything wrong with your
upload; the only difference between your output and the code I've put
on the wiki for a previous project is that mine uses text/xml as the
content-type for the GPX file.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OAuth/Examples

On that note, I'd also encourage you to do your uploads using OAuth
instead of HTTP Basic Auth, but both should work.

I can certainly say that hand-crafting multipart form uploads is tricky!

Cheers,
Andy