[OSM-dev] imposm - New PostGIS importer for OSM data

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sun Apr 3 15:13:07 BST 2011

On 03.04.2011, at 15:32, fatzopilot wrote:
> that sounds very interesting and useful, congratulations!
> Can it be used as a universal tool to produce databases for different
> applications, say for rendering with tirex and for geolocation with
> nominatim, maybe even combined in a single database?

Tirex uses Mapnik which uses PostGIS, so yes. You won't be able to use the default osm.xml styling though, since it is dependent to the osm2pgsql DB schema. I can't speak for nominatim, never worked with it.

We are using the Imposm default mapping with Mapnik behind MapProxy, for example http://osm.omniscale.de/

> As far as I understand, this should be possible with a customized mapping
> file as described here:http://imposm.org/docs/imposm/latest/mapping.html,
> right?

I don't know how tightly nominatim is coupled to the osm2pgsql DB schema, but you can change the schema with a custom mapping.

Regards,
Oliver

PS: I'm in Heidelberg at the FOSSGIS next week, I'm hanging around the MapProxy booth.

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt