[OSM-dev] osm2psql: minor hstore rework

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 3 23:58:39 BST 2011

On 24-3-2011 16:39, Sven Geggus wrote:

> The rework should not change anything for people who exclusively use a
> hstore column (no other tag columns). Peter Körners hstore stuff should also
> be unaffected.

When using --hstore, planet_osm_roads is no longer loaded with column
tags. Likely a bug, but please point out if I've misunderstood the new
method.

These tags are stripped from the hstore column as well, but that is by
design.

What probably happens is that, in write_wkts(), you removeTag(), thereby
physically removing that tag from the list. However, for geometries that
also go into planet_osm_roads, write_wkts() is called twice in a row
(once for lines, once for roads), and the second time, these tags are
gone. There's nothing left to put into the columns.

--
Lennard