[OSM-dev] "OSM Server Developer's Platform" An Idea for GSoC

Parveen Arora parveenaroraosm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:16:43 BST 2011

2011/4/6 Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de>:
> Hi Parveen,
>
> I absolutly agree, that the process of setting up a OSM DB is somewhat
> crude. As far as I understand your pproposal 'OSM Server' means a DB,
> renderer and Tile server?
Yes It will be a Tile Server
We can also name it as:
"Fast Deployment of Customized Tile Server"
Means It will be a easy interface to render map with your own choice of colors.

> But AFAIK this aren't things that developers need, but some kind of service
> proverders. In my eyes, Devs would enjoy prepared packages that simplify the
> process of data processing
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2011#Prepared_global_Data_excepts

> But I heared that setting up a Rails port (completely OSM portal, DB,...)
> instance is quite difficult, so this would be another idea?
How It will be different, Can you please explain It a little more or
give me the relative link to this.

--
With Kind Regards
Parveen Arora