[OSM-dev] tirex with custom tileschema

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Mon Apr 11 13:31:19 BST 2011

  On 4/11/2011 2:01 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:24:38PM +0200, Steven M. Ottens wrote:
>> Does Tirex support different projections and tileschema's? I'm
> No.
>
> The "Google" projection and tiling schema and the metatile schema used in OSM
> is very much hard-baked into Tirex.
Thanks, that explains why I get 'google' tiles, even when osm.xml is in
a different projection. I hadn't looked into this behaviour since I was
still struggling with this error:
tirex-backend-mapnik[2309]: Mapnik config error: Unable to find
specified font face ''

Is the tirex-backend-mapnik somehow using different settings files than
mapnik? Since both osm.xml and fontset-settings.xml.inc are correct for
the mapnik/tilecache setup.

Steven