[OSM-dev] Nominatim and Mapnik tile rendering on same PostgreSQL database

Yoanis Gil Delgado gryffindor.godric at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:03:38 BST 2011

Hi there,

I am currently running my own OpenStreetMap database with data imported in
slim mode and stored in spherical mercator, for Mapnik tile rendering. I'd
like to add Nominatim functionality to my project, but as I can't afford
more resources I'd like to do that using only one database.

Looks like Nominatim, won't work with data stored in spherical mercator
format, but I wonder if tile rendering will still work if data is stored in
latitude/longitude format?

Anyone knows what would need to be done in order to make Mapnik tile
rendering/Nominatim work with the same planet database? Ideas thoughts are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Yoanis.