[OSM-dev] Tool from Merkaator code

Muzammil Hussain muzammil.hussain.syed at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:35:08 BST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to build a tool for my research which does the following :
Given a OSM street map, I can click a position on the map, and it
gives me the latitude and longitude of the point, and then using that
and the current ephemeris information of a GPS receiver I can
calculate the *actual* distance between the GPS receiver and the GPS
satellite.

For this I thought of moedifying the Merkaator software, stripping it
down to the bare minimum for the task. I need to using C++ and Qt for
the tool, as the other processing is done with C++ libraries.

I was wondering if you could point me to some open source code C++/Qt
which already does just this - I mean a basic interface to view a
downloaded OSM map and return the lat/long of points clicked on the
map.

regards,
Muzammil