[OSM-dev] XAPI and other solutions

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at mac.com
Sun Apr 24 11:43:45 BST 2011

Cartinus <cartinus at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > If you need updates more often than the weekly PBF, it takes about 2 hours
> > on the same machine as above to apply the daily diffs with Osmosis and if
> > you do not need a daily update just merge several daily diffs together
> > before updating your planet file it will be way quicker than updating the
> > planet for each day.
>
> He is talking about France only. So if he used a country extract [1] in stead
> of the whole planet, then his processing times would be much shorter for both
> the methods mentioned bij Toby and Nakor.
>
> [1] <http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/>

Yes, but they are huge...
My original place=* for france is 50 MB (not compressed).

France extract if 2 GB compressed, i don't think my python script was
able to handle such a huge data.

I was looking for a lighter solution, XAPI was good when servers were
running and updated.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange
OSM experiences : <http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/>