[OSM-dev] slow diff updates / FASTUPDATE / osm2pgsql bug

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Sun Aug 7 19:35:21 BST 2011

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>    this is about a bug in osm2pgsql that will affect you if you
>
> * run diff updates (--slim --append)
> * run PostgreSQL 8.4 or 9.0
> * use an osm2pgsql SVN revision >= 25198 (2011-01-31) and < 26475 (today)
> * are not using non-standard index tablespaces (-i or --tablespace-slim-index)

Removing the double negative here this will read as:

"If you are using standard index tablespaces"

which is the default if no tablespace Option is given!

I supose this bug is the cause for the problems many people
(including myself) where talking abount on this list in the last few
months.

Sven

--
Trotz der zunehmenden Verbreitung von Linux erfreut sich der Bär,
und - dank Knut - insbesondere der Eisbär, deutlich größerer