[OSM-dev] Tag transformer (unabbreviator) plugin for JOSM

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Sun Aug 7 21:05:26 BST 2011

It's bugged me a while in JOSM how I can't automatically unabbreviate street
names, yet the validator bugs me (rightfully so) all the time. So I thought
of writing a plugin for JOSM which does so, but realized it could easily be
more general purpose. I've done a quick GUI mockup of what it might look
like, and wrote some notes on use cases and implementation on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/TextTransform

I'd appreciate any input on the concept.

Thanks,
-Josh