[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql "intarray contrib module loaded"

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:31:53 BST 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 19:08 +0200, marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After starting this command:
>
> osm2pgsql/osm2pgsql -s -C 3000 -d gis -U gisuser -S default.style gis.osm
>
> I get this output from osm2pgsql:
>

> osm2pgsql SVN version 0.80.0 (32bit id space)
> (...)
> The target database has the intarray contrib module loaded.
> While required for earlier versions of osm2pgsql, intarray
> is now unnecessary and will interfere with osm2pgsql's array
> handling. Please use a database without intarray.
>

> Does anybody know what to do? Should I switch off the Intarray extension in postgresql? If yes, how?

If you want to use the latest version of the code then you will have to
remove the previous intarray extension or create a new database without
it. The latest code uses the built-in array support instead.

Your postgres install should have included an appropriate uninstall SQL
script in the contrib directory and can be executed like:

$ sudo -u postgres psql DBNAME < /usr/share/pgsql/contrib/uninstall__int.sql

  Jon