[OSM-dev] slow diff updates / FASTUPDATE / osm2pgsql bug

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 9 00:02:01 BST 2011

Hi,

Stephan Knauss wrote:
> The problem was that the INDEX is different. It has the gin__int_ops
> included on my installation with intarray in place.

Ah, now I see. My instructions on rebuilding the index were not taking
the old style into account. Sorry, I overlooked that!

So, anyone else still using the old osm2pgsql (i.e. anybody who hasn't
updated in the last few days and hasn't been using the osm2pgsql-64
branch before, i.e. most people) wanting to recover from the missing
"fastupdate=off" by dropping and re-creating the index, don't forget the
gin__int_ops when building the index.

Bye
Frederik