[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql, zoom range for -e option?

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Wed Aug 10 07:19:34 BST 2011

Hi Markus,

On 09.08.2011 19:53, marqqs at gmx.eu wrote:
> OK, I fixed the bug. - If it really was a bug and not intended behaviour.
> I'm still not sure...
>
> My patch (I added just 2 lines):
> diff -C 5 -p expire-tiles_old.c expire-tiles.c
> --- 139,151 ----
> + 	if(this_zoom>=min_zoom)
> + 		fprintf(outfile, "%i/%i/%i\n", this_zoom, x, y);
> +

I would also expect the lowzoom tiles being expired. Having a quick look
at the source I don'T understand both. What do you try to fix with this
patch?

If the tile is dirty, I guess it would match one of the tree->complete
conditions.

What is the flow? It looks like it is recursing by increasing the zoom
level. So it would have started at the low-zooms already. Why did it not
output anything in this situation?

Is the _mark_tile() working as expected? Do you have data to reproduce
the problem?

Stephan