[OSM-dev] Problem with duplicate keys

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:29:32 BST 2011

En 10/08/11 12:13, Peter Körner escribiu:
> Am 10.08.2011 12:05, schrieb Adrian Chapela:
>> Ok then... you recommend me to take the two files and join in one bigger
>> file ? Would osmosis solve duplicate keys problem ?
>
> As I said it's more common to extract a region out of a bigger file
> then to join multiple files.
>
> Joining has problems when one file contains one part of a way and the
> other file another part -- and the two way parts can possibly overlap,
> so there's even more trouble.
So, I could discard this solution as a final solution.

> Better take the central-america.osm.pbf and, if 100M is to big,
> extract your area of interest from it.
Ok. Where Could I find this extract ?

I am using extracts from http://downloads.cloudmade.com and
http://download.geofabrik.de . I wish to take my own extracts but they
will be to bigger to take from openstreetmaps web.

Another thing is that I will be importing Russia as well... but I think
that I could import Central America and then import Russia without any
problem because it shouldn't be any duplicate entry in both files.

Thank you!