[OSM-dev] Mapnik osm.xml style file for main map?

Simon Haines simon.haines at con-amalgamate.net
Thu Aug 11 06:50:03 BST 2011

I've been using code from the
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/rendering/mapnik project
for generating tiles, but the style file (osm.xml) is not the same one used
to render tiles for the main OSM map. For comparison, this
tile<http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/13/7427/5127.png> on
the main map is rendered as this image <http://con-amalgamate.net/5127.png> by
the style file contained the the rendering/mapnik project. I've regenerated
the osm.xml file from source with generate_xml.py and the results are the
same.

I've found the trac
project<http://trac.openstreetmap.org/query?component=mapnik&order=id&desc=1>
where
changes to the style are tracked, but cannot find the style source itself.
I've searched back through the mail archives (until the beginning of this
year--sadly mailman doesn't provide a search interface) for more
information, but no luck.

Any ideas? Many thanks.