[OSM-dev] Extracting just national boundaries

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Thu Aug 11 11:18:28 BST 2011

> PS: Why is there that strict limit of parsing an osm file up to 12 times?

In theory, there is no need to limit the number of recursions, but the if there was a closed loop in the data's references - e.g. relation A has relation B as a member, and vice versa - the program would never terminate.

For this reason I decided to set a limit which will only be exceeded in case of malicious data (the usual relation hierarchies do have loops and do not exceed 4 or 5 levels).

Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------