[OSM-dev] Ways

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:29:21 BST 2011

I recently came across a way that doesn't exactly fit your cases but
was still very weird and wrong. I couldn't really even figure out how
to fix it easily in JOSM so I just deleted and retraced it (it was
just a motorway_link):

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/13194837/history

It looked like a normal way but doubled back on itself. It has node
121671201 listed 3 times and 1290473243 twice.

I guess this probably wouldn't create problems for the cases you are
talking about but it does show that current editors (P2 from May in
this case) do sometimes produce unexpected anomalies.

Toby