[OSM-dev] NOT-saving empty Mapnik tiles

marqqs at gmx.eu marqqs at gmx.eu
Sat Aug 13 10:53:50 BST 2011

Hello again...

unfortunately, this line did not work:

> im.save(buf, 'png256')

I tried im.tostring() too, did not work either. This is the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mapnik_tile.py", line 143, in <module>
    im.save(buf, 'png256')
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    Image.save(Image, instance, str)
did not match C++ signature:
    save(mapnik::Image32, std::string)
    save(mapnik::Image32, std::string, std::string)

Do you have an idea what went wrong?

To Yves:
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this would save a bit disk space but no inodes. Because of the current block size (4096 bytes) not much of disk space could be saved.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------