[OSM-dev] OSM History Splitter

master_axe franz_leberl at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:22:22 BST 2011

Hi Peter-

regarding your OSM History Splitter:

If I have a full planet dump(including history, bz2), and I want to cut a BB
out of it, your OSM History Splitter is the tool to use?

So this would be the counter piece to say, osmosis (for current data only)?

I ask because I recently made a small change to osmosis to read and write
the visibility tag, and in parallel found a perl script to extract history
(history-excerpt.pl)(I'm guessing these two do the same thing now). What's
the difference?

Franz