[OSM-dev] Proposal for OpenMetaMap - proper OSM import solution

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Aug 18 11:11:01 BST 2011

Am 18.08.2011 11:41, schrieb Jaak Laineste:
> This was quite simple. More complex is when I do not add any new data
> compared to the external source, just confirm it. Then I have to make
> a choice:
> a) I am happy that the object is already "in the cloud" and on the map
> - I do nothing.

Will it be in the planet.osm? If not, how are tile-providers are
supposed to draw an icons for museums?

Yes, they may download and use the external source; some will, some
won't, some will only once; some will update regularly. Some
tile-sources may have all museums, some only the ones copied to osm.

Peter