[OSM-dev] Rails Port - GPX Import Success Email

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:24:00 BST 2011

Ok - I have raised a new trac ticket (
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/3986), and used that to point to my
updated code on github (https://github.com/jones139/gpx-import).

It seems to work ok as far as I can tell - I now get this result in the GPX
Import Success email:

You can view the trace here:

 http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Graham%20Jones/traces/12

rather than this:

You can view the trace here:

 http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Graham Jones/traces/1083146

[my new URL above won't work because it came from my test server, not the
live one, so the trace does not exist on the live server].

The only issue I can think of is if anyone has particularly 'interesting'
characters in their user name it may not work correctly, but I think it
should encode everything.

What do I need to do to get this change implemented?   Is there a dev server
instance I should put it on to try first?  I have just tested it on my
laptop.

Regards

Graham.

--