[OSM-dev] idea: before-after map

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Dec 5 17:08:40 GMT 2011

Hi,

Now that we have the history files and a history renderer in the
making [1] it would be possible to create a Before / After service:
user would select one or a few concurrent changesets comprising an
edit session, and the service would churn out a pretty HTML page with
a static map of the area just prior to the changesets affecting the
area and just after the last ones were closed.

I was just wondering how difficult / feasible this would be to
implement. Do we even need Peter's renderer for it?

[1] https://github.com/MaZderMind/osm-history-renderer

--
martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore